Monday, August 23, 2010

Bits Of Pink In Urine

Hiyaaaahh!

The interview with Tuti here I've found in the live journal of my deal oh_tuti Erin and I wanted to just save it again. Simply because it Tuti times really nice and friendly and has a way Tatsuya again his Fangirlness beweist.xD

There is also:

First off, how about a self-introduction?

I'm Tsuchiya Yuuchi. I came to Tokyo and got my start in small-time theater, and met up with the members of the theater troupe I was in at the time, the play unit pnish * *, with whom I'm still working today. In other words, I've done nothing but theatre my whole life. The first work I participated in was the HUNTERxHUNTER Musical. And after that came the Prince of Tennis Musicals, and now I'm in Rock Musical BLEACH--this is my third time being in an anime musical. And if you count the fact that I performed at Jump Festa as well, then you could say I've really immersed myself in work having to do with anime.

So what fascinates you about BLEACH?

This mostly concerns the original work, but I really like how the words are used. Like, at the beginning of a tankoubon, there will usually be 2 lines or so of words, and I think that's really well put-together. And it's the same in your usual plays and dramas, but especially in anime musicals with an original work for reference, to treat those sorts of word usages and slips of the tongue as important. For example, when a co-star has the line, "I'm gonna tear you apart!" and instead says, "I'm gonna tear you apart, dammit!", when he uses, "Dammit!" I'll think, "You didn't have to say that, 'dammit'!" *laugh* But yeah, I just don't want to hurt the feelings of those fans of the original work. So this time, I really puta lot of work into my character's Kyoto-dialect *laugh*

Were there many differences in your performances in an anime musical as opposed to other plays and dramas you've performed in?

Anime musicals...first off, I'll thoroughly research the original work and the anime, see how words are used, work on appearances and such, and start with the actual "figure." Keeping faithful to, not just the emotions, but the way it's displayed, is what it means to perform in an anime musical, I feel. With other works, first I'll memorize my lines, and then work from there steadily using my emotions and feelings to make my role. Completely a 180-degree turn around, see? It means I start from my role, and from there I bury myself in the emotions and sensations in an anime musical--it's really difficult.

Were there any parts you had trouble with this time when you returned as Ichimaru Gin's actor?

First off, the guy's nothing like myself *laugh* "How should I portray him?" I wondered, but I knew the image I was supposed to be aiming for, so I tried for that mood *laugh* That's when I started with the "figure." I could at least understand his movements, and how he behaved. It's just, I got really hung up on that Kyoto dialect! *laugh* I didn't have any idea how to do it.

So how did you master the Kyoto dialect?

I did a play before using the Tosa dialect, and back then I used things like videos to help me learn it, but this time I didn't resort to material like that, and instead, during rehearsals, I would practice speaking and asking questions to Osamu-chan (Kuchiki Byakuya's actor, Hayashi Shuuji), who came from Kyoto, and other members of the staff from the Kansai region, and that helped me memorize my lines. Using actual documents to learn is good and all, but having the people around me teach me was much better, I feel. And also, I paid close attention to the people from the Kansai region, watching them. Even when watching TV, there are a lot of Kansai people around. The Kansai dialect is really popular, so people from Tokyo really notice their accent *laugh* As the real performance got closer, I started getting nervous, cause people were telling me my accent during "Hona Sainara" was kind of weird *laugh*

This time you're doing an Osaka performance as well, it seems...

I'm so nervous! I really am! *laugh* But I can't let myself get hung up on that fact. Even if I'm a little worried whether or not I'll make a good Gin, those who really love Gin will surely accept me, I feel.

Did you know of BLEACH beforehand?

After we started talking about it, I read the original work, and it was interesting, it really was. I really enjoyed the world view, and each character's relationships were well planned out. The words as well were well chosen, and really cool. Getting to say things like, "Lift your head, wabisuke~" or "Kill him!", don't you think that's kind of cool?

Was there anything that left an impression on you during the last run?

How about the time when, on the way back from rehearsals one evening, I had to carry everyone's baggage? The loser at 'Rock-Paper-Scissors' had to hold everyone's stuff. I felt like some grade-schooler *laugh* Tatsuya (Isaka) was usually the one who had to do that sort of thing *laugh*

We interviewed Isaka-san (Kurosaki Ichigo's actor) before, and it's been said that when he first met you, he said, "Wow, you're getting on up there in years," and your heart stopped for a moment...

*huge laugh* Yep, that's how it went.

And then he said, "But right now, I like Tsuchiya-san best!" *laugh* What do you think of Isaka-san, Tsuchiya-san?

Guess I won him over *laugh* How would you say it...like, if for a scene, I say just one word, and then fade into the background, Tatsuya will go, "That was amazing!" *laugh* Like I was someone in tons of scenes or something. Not just in a play. *laugh* But well, he's a cute guy. I'm really happy, but I've just got no confidence in myself, no matter what others might say, and when people depend on me so much...well, I tend to feel that way sometimes *laugh* When people rely on someone, Moriyama-san (Abarai Renji's actor) is the type to say "All right!" and then try and take the lead, but I'm more the type to say, "Ah, yeah sure...umm, what should I do..." and try and shirk the responsibility *laugh* I may appear like I'm really reliable, but the truth is I'm just not. But even so, I'm planning on really working hard for this winter performance.

So how was it working with the women?

Kumiko-chan (Hinamori Momo's actress) is a really shy girl. When we were filming the backstages for the DVD, every time we'd turn the camera on her, she'd always run away. I was thinking, "What, am I some kind of pervert or something?" *laugh* But she's really honest. She'd always arrive early for rehearsals, and work hard at practice at her own pace. Miki-chan (Kuchiki Rukia's actress) is the type to hit back if she's hit, I guess? And then Rei-chan (Inoue Orihime's actress) is the same way, but anyways, I really liked their stupid antics, seeing as I did my fair share as well. That part really fit Miki-chan and Rei-chan. They really had their acts together, it was tons of fun.

Do you have a favorite BLEACH character?

Gin, I guess? Other than him...Kenpachi maybe? I really like how he understands himself, and yet still continues to push forward. I like the really manly characters.

So what is it about Gin that you like?

More than what I like about him, I think it's just the fact that I came to like him at all! I had my own image of him inside myself, and when other actors would say things like, "That Gin's a really nasty guy," I came to like him just as much as they hated him *laugh* It's fun playing the bad guy, and as an actor, it's a really worthwhile role. Gin has a certain strength, where he'll never lost his sense of self. I myself consider that a point of good significance, seeing as I don't think I really have that sort of point myself.

During this second run, what do you think your power-up point is?

This feels almost like I'm using others to my own ends, but having Izuru there seemed to really increase Gin's sense of presence, I feel. It was really fun for me as well, though. And also, though this might not be a big deal, the fight scenes. When you watch the DVD there are lots of points where you can reflect on whether or not I played Gin as he should be, so I might be able to play them better this time, I hope *laugh*

For the last point, tell us what's got you excited about this second run.

Rock Musical BLEACH is a production filled with things we were pushed to do as actors, so I hope to give a great show and work hard with everyone whom I've met!

0 comments:

Post a Comment