Sunday, December 16, 2007

Best Currency To Invest In

Philip Pullman - His Dark Materials here

I finished book 1 ( Northern Lights/ The Golden Compass ) and I did really enjoy it. Intriguing world-building, rich imagination, highly interesting philosophy and many many secrets to be revealed. The characters are nicely drawn and there is no recoiling romance that might put you off the story.

then I went on to read the 2nd book ( The Subtle Knife ) and I finished it too and was even more impressed and intrigued and astonished by the talent that this author possesses to place such a complex philosophical theory in a children's book. amazing and quite refreshing. and they say Harry Potter would be a threat to the church. HA, what will they make of the Golden Compass that openly condemns the Magisterium (read: Church) to be all cause and origin of EVIL or approving of evil and holding back knowledge about the nature of the world or doing cruel experiments on children. (and you might have heard that they even burned such natural creatures as witches...)? as I said: intriguing.

now I will start the 3rd book ( The Amber Spyglass ) and I am very curious how it all will unfurl. [EDIT: oh no! oh woe! *sigh sob sob sigh* I knew this would happen. but why oh why so soon?!?! -
he killed of the cute one of the two gay angels! how could he?! curel, cruel Philip!]

and maybe I will finally have to read Milton's Lost Paradise .

0 comments:

Post a Comment